Nightguards – Las Cruces, NM
Customized Treatments for TMJ & Bruxism
While TMJ disorder and bruxism have completely different causes, they can both be treated with our personalized nightguards. Whether it’s stress that your jaw joints cause with TMJ or teeth grinding, both problems can cause unnecessary pressure on your teeth at night. This will lead to wear and tear on your dental structure and cause numerous other issues. Thankfully, Dr. Ramon and Dr. Natalie Ortiz offer custom-made nightguards to treat TMJ and Bruxism, while protecting your teeth for the future. Read on to learn why our nightguards in Las Cruces are better than alternatives and why it’s important to receive one.
The Benefits of Using a Nightguard
TMJ disorder is a dysfunction of your jaw joints, whereas bruxism is nighttime teeth grinding, but both result in dental problems that can be prevented with our nightguards. Patients enjoy these benefits when using our nightguards for TMJ and bruxism:
- Less tension and pain: Your nightguard will be designed in a way that reduces stress placed on your jaw joints and muscles. The best part is that it’s comfortable and lightweight.
- Headache prevention: Headaches are one of the main symptoms of TMJ disorder and bruxism. Wearing a nightguard can reduce these headaches by a significant amount, with some patients experiencing absolutely no aches in their head or neck.
- Prevention of tooth damage: One of the biggest advantages, nightguards protect your teeth from unnecessary wear and tear. Grinding and TMJ disorder can lead to chipped, cracked, or damaged teeth and they can also lead to damaged dental restorations.
- Improved sleeping: Our nightguards provide maximum comfort while also minimizing symptoms, allowing for a restful night’s sleep. Our nightguards position your jaw in a way that relaxes your muscles, avoiding stress and discomfort.
- Save money in the future: By protecting your teeth with an investment in a nightguard today, you can save yourself from more expensive and extensive restorations in the future.
Why Our Nightguards are Superior
You can find generic nightguards at your local drugstore, you can even find customized nightguards at other practices, so why are ours better? We use a digital scanner instead of physical impressions to give you a more simple, precise, and swift final product. Instead of messy and weird-feeling putty that is used to make impressions of your smile, we can easily scan your entire set of teeth in a matter of minutes to develop a higher-quality nightguard. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy all of the benefits of our oral appliances for years to come. If it sounds like you could benefit from this treatment, call our office today to set up a consultation.